Poly Blue Light Therapy
Professional acne treatment without a prescription.
FDA Cleared for over the counter treatment of mild to moderate acne.
Non-invasive, gentle and effective.
Treatment for all skin types
Blue light is one of the best acne treatments available today, because it kills acne bacteria naturally, fast, and without side effects.
The combination of blue and red light therapies produce even better results. Check out these studies:
How does Blue Light therapy work?
Experts believe the Blue LED light therapy decreases the activity in the sebaceous glands, which are small oil producing glands in the skin. This reduction in activity causes the glands to produce less oil, therefore improving acne symptoms.
“[Blue] Light gets at the core of what causes acne eruptions: P. acnes, the bacterial responsible for causing acne inflammation, pumps out tiny molecules called porphyrins. When those porphyrin are exposed to certain wavelengths of light, they produce free radicals that kill the bacteria. Without P. acnes around to cause inflammation, acne clears up.” American Academy of Dermatology 2002
Click on links below for more scientific information:
- Phototherapy using blue light has been proven in the treatment of acne vulgaris and offers the clinician an effective alternative.
- An open study to determine the efficacy of blue light in the treatment of mild to moderate acne
- Acne phototherapy with a high-intensity, enhanced, narrow-band, blue light source: an open study and in vitro investigation
- 420 nm intense continuous light therapy for acne
- Effect of blue LED on the healing process of third-degree skin burns: clinical and histological evaluation